Be Well… and Thrive!
Hey you! This a reminder to you to stay active and healthy during this unprecedented time. I hope you and your families are safe and well. Please let’s do our part to be conscientious of other’s and our own safety by practicing social distancing. As this pandemic seems to change daily, you can check for the latest information, updates and recommendations through the CDC www.cdc.gov.
With social distancing and the measures that have been taken to prevent the spread of the virus, we have all found a lot of time on our hands. With this sudden increase of time, the most important thing in any day during any circumstance is how you spend it. I encourage you to spend your time wisely. Take this time to learn something new or dive deeper into a subject or skill that you didn’t have the time to do previously. What if we look at this increase of time as a blessing to learn more about ourselves and what we want out of life? What if instead of spending all that time on Netflix, TikTok, Instagram and YouTube, we spend it improving our quality of life? For example, this time of social distancing and online schooling has given me the time to create this company and blog, Advanced Teens. I am so incredibly blessed to have created this with the time and support that I have been given. Is there something you could do today to get you one step closer to your dreams? To improve yourself 1% today? Here are some ideas that you can try out, maybe you even try one of these new things each day or perhaps maybe you will find a new passion. Either way, the excitement to learn something new is amazing and I hope its something you all take advantage of today, this week and this month.
- Try to learn a new language, I have personally used Duolingo to brush up on my Spanish and French
- Try to learn how to juggle, did you know people who can juggle have bigger brains? They literally have more white matter – how cool is that!
- Try yoga. Or a new type of exercise. Movement is really important under current restrictions.
- Try meditating
- Spring cleaning. Organize and declutter your space, and maybe help your family do the same. Clutter can create blocks in your creativity and energy flow.
- Read a book you have always wanted to read but never had the time, if you don’t have a book here are some ideas:
– Self-Help: Code of the Extraordinary Mind, Vishen Lakhiani
– Fantasy: Inkheart, Cornelia Funke
– Romance: If I Stay, Gayle Forman
– Action/Adventure: Eragon, Christopher Paolini
– Cute: The One and Only Ivan, Bebe Faas Rice (more of a children’s book, so it is a super quick read)
- Bake a treat, are mug cakes still a thing? If not, try making Dalgona coffee or macaroons!
- Get some Vitamin-D, try to lay out in the sun for a few minutes (this is a daily for me) or go for a walk around the block
- Write a Bucketlist of what you want to do in life, instead of turning to Google or Pinterest right away for ideas. Try instead asking yourself what YOU really want to do in this life. Do you actually want to skydive?
- Try dancing, there are a bunch of Lives and Recordings of different styles of dance choreography and routines on Instagram and YouTube. Look up some of your favorite dancers and they are sure to have recent videos uploaded or saved. Or just dance around like a crazy person in your living room blasting music, that’s a go to for me as well.
- Try to learn how to handstand.
- Try a new hairstyle. DIY bangs and dying your hair are a popular trend. If you don’t want such an extreme change, learn how to braid or grow your hair out until you can do a man bun.
- Learn that instrument you have laying around your house to perfection
- Express your creativity. Draw, scribble, splatter paint, pour paint, DIY your clothes, try a new eye makeup look, write a song, choreograph a dance, color a picture, the options are endless.
- Try Tai Chi
I hope these ideas give you inspiration to try something new! What inspires you? What have you been wanting to try or learn but never had the time? Let us know in the comments. Remember to stay safe and wash your hands! Thank you for being here and beginning this wonderful journey with me. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when something new pop ups! Also check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @advancedteens. Feel free to contact me through email, Instagram dm’s or tweets. Spread the word and share it with the #advancedteens and tag us!
With much Love and Gratitude,